Skip to main content

Love Language

Yesterday was the day of love and the build-up to it had quite a bit of chatter on, "What is your love language?" I hear for some its good vibes, for others its gifts and I once had colleague- young lady who used to say, "Just buy me alcohol".

I have been trying to pin down mine for ages to no avail. The things I enjoy most are those that my wife expressly forbids like eating matumbo or omena in a dirty kibanda, cycling & getting lost in the wilds, motorbike to Dar Es Salaam or Zambia (Ok this last one I am yet to realize). But I guess these do not fall in the known categories. 

Unlike me, my wife has had very specific love languages, but they keep shifting over the years. The constant challenge I have is figuring out whether the era of flowers has ended, and we have entered the era of, “Today, will you go for an evening walk?". For the unacquainted, this is woman-speak for, " I am giving you an opportunity to earn some bonga-points today. Show me how much you love me by accompanying me on my evening walk". Dizzying, eh? I know.
Now, do we ever stop to think about God’s love language? When we say, "I love you Lord", are we speaking the language of
❤️ that he understands or accepts?
Jesus said,

"If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. (John.14:23-24)
In short, for God; Love=Obedience, plain and simple.
Whenever I hear a Kenyan proclaim, "I love God so much!" I shudder to think whether their commitment to the scriptures matches their bold proclamations. We cannot claim to love God and not have a steadfast devotion to obeying his word. Christ showed us by example. He said to his disciples;

“…but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me. " (John.14:31a)

He correctly understood that for God, Love=Obedience. 
How about you? How deep do the words strike if you personalize them? Can you say with confidence? “…but the world must learn that I love Jesus Christ, and that I do exactly what my savior has commanded me.”







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Received My First False Prophecy For 2024-Part I

At the turn of every year, we have a long-standing family tradition of sitting down to flip through T.V. channels. We watch various ministers and performers with different groups of people ushering in the new year in style (with my wife- the children now prefer to be outside blasting those darn fireworks) . However, even after years of midnight sofa-slouching, I still can’t decide who between the ministers and the performers say the most outrageous things. For some reason, the moment seems to turn every charismatic minister worth his salt into some kind of prophet. Pastors, evangelists, apostles, and even the odd comedian feel compelled to utter a 'word' or two for the new year. Often, t hese 'prophetic moments' are highly charged interludes with MOGs & WOGs (Men & Women Of God) giving 'ecstatic utterance' as their listeners rapturously respond with 'Amen!' and ‘I receive!’ This is all good and okay. The problem, however, is that these pr

Benny Hinn _My Testimony

Why Benny Hinn? Someone asked me this question last week. Today let me endeavor to give you the background story to this, as a member of the organizing secretariat. Sometime last year, a group of servants of God was praying, seeking the face of God as to why the foretold revival in Kenya seemed never to really come, and even the massive crusades we used to have at Uhuru Park seemed to have quietly fizzled out. It was obvious also that there were no megachurches in Kenya and any servant of God who tried rising was hit with scandal after scandal. Why? Our preachers never really get invited to top platforms internationally, our Gospel musicians are mostly only local while Nigeria, Tz, even Rwanda are shaking the continent. The Lord answered them. Our grievous sin had closed the heavens over us. And this sin was how we, as a nation, had treated the servants of God who had been sent here with these graces. They all left in tears, shaking dust off their feet at Kenya. Pst Benny Hinn came t

MyRun Chronicles: I Ran, Stumbled And Fell

After many days of lethargy, self-excuses, and downright bad behaviour , I returned to the road. Ok, it wasn't a road in the real sense of the word but rather a series of grassy paths and dusty trails peppered with rocky inclines.  I like the challenge of off-road running 🏃‍♂️ . It makes me feel like Rambo. Do you know Rambo? Of course, you don't, you millennial.  Well, Rambo was our action-hero. A grotesquely muscular man with dark, curly hair. His hair though, was a little too long for a man. Anyway, he would stalk, strategize, and then blast his enemies into oblivion with huge guns. Later in life, I realized that he was probably a product of American propaganda against their perceived geopolitical threats, mostly the Russians. Rambo was always sweating, and I noted with a certain level of satisfaction that I too was sweating. There was no jungle that Rambo couldn't conquer and running in the less-trodden paths makes me feel like Rambo.  I like to run in familiar pla